Wednesday 21 August 2013

Vintage and Cake... A match made in heaven!

What is it about us vintage lovers? Almost all of us seem to love cake too!

I'm not complaining, it's one of my favourite things to talk about and if you agree then I am sure you'll have been just as giddy as I was last night for the return of The Great British Bake Off on BBC2.



GBBO is now a national institution, the combination of amazing baking, the brilliant Mel and Sue, a bit of Mary Berry and of course the silver fox Mr Paul Hollywood, the show is without question one of the best things on TV.

The bar has definitely been raised this series, last night was the first show but already the standard is way high. I can't wait to see what the bakers come up with for the rest of the series!

My love of cake combined with my love of vintage fashion got me to thinking what kind of dress related cakes were out there so of course my immediate port of call was Pinterest.

All I can say is prepare for your jaw to drop. Pinterest assures me that these are all actual cakes...





How could you bring yourself to eat these works of art? These master cake makers are real artists and I am fascinated by what they do.

We have an extraordinary cake shop in our town called Darwen Deli. They make celebration cakes and amazing cupcakes to boot. They produce the very best combination of look and taste that I have ever had the pleasure of scoffing. And there have been lots! I always buy their cupcakes for the ladies nights we have here...



The owners and staff there are now good friends of mine and recently when my little shop celebrated it's first birthday, Julia and Laura surprised me with this AMAZING three tier My Vintage themed cake, I still can't believe it!



It's got to be the nicest pressie I've ever had!! I'm sure you'll agree...

You can learn more about Darwen Deli at www.darwendeli.co.uk

Have I made you hungry? I'm off to find some cake...

Until next time
Em x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read all your comments and love to receive them. Thanks so much for getting involved with the blog! Emma x