Wednesday 20 February 2013

LFW Final Spotlight - a few of my favourite pieces

So that's it! London Fashion Week is done and dusted once again... Although I didn't get the chance to be there, I have loved following the shows, presentations and highlights. Were you one of the lucky ones there this time round? If so, you simply must tell me all about it!

As a final spotlight on my findings, I have rounded up some random pieces that I have picked up on throughout the whole of LFW. Just beautiful, quirky things that have found a little place in my heart. That special place in the middle of cake and cats...

Firstly, the Anya Hindmarch presentation did not disappoint! A HUGE domino fall around an amazing looking set, gave way to displaying a gorgeous collection of handbags and clutches, all as yummy as each other! When I got over my giddiness from this amazing spectacle (find the video online) I was drawn to these domino clutch bags - they are so me! I think we'll be seeing more of this "domino effect" in the AW high street offerings somehow...


If you follow any of my Polyvore activity, you will know that I love a bit of monochrome and yellow, so the sass & bide show was a dream come true... This jumpsuit just has the edge, I love it...

 

 It's not that often that a knitted floral two-piece is a good thing (and working with vintage, I have seen some real horrors believe me!) But I absolutely love this Sister by Sibling number. It reminds me of Cath Kidston and white picket fences and I love how it's offset with the hat and trainers...


Now, I LOVE Clements Ribeiro - they create the most stunning prints and shapes. To be honest, I found it really hard to pick just one piece out from this collection. But I went with this gorgeous fitted dress. It's JUST SO PRETTY!


My final salute goes to Paul Smith. His masculine tailoring was absolutely beautiful in this show, and not overdone. Sleek and chic, my favourite pick has got to be this mini dress. LOVE that print and cute little collar...


So on the whole for AW2013 we've got reincarnations of recent trends (well we are in an age of austerity) and my top 5 would have to be...

1. Stripes
2. Colour Pops
3. Psychedelic/graphic prints
4. Bold florals
5. Chic 60s

I'd love to know what you think of my choices, and send me some of your own too!

Til then...
Em
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read all your comments and love to receive them. Thanks so much for getting involved with the blog! Emma x