Sunday 17 February 2013

LFW Spotlight Part 1 - Orla Kiely Vintage Chic

I've been soaking up London Fashion Week like an excited little sponge this weekend... and over the next few days I will bring you my favourite picks from all the glorious offerings.

First up, it's the wonderful collection from Orla Kiely. Her presentation was beautiful, taking us right back to a 1960s office. Surrounded by desks, filing cabinets, coats on hooks and perfectly placed lamps, the models were dressed as secretaries and busily answering phones and typing. This was more like an art installation that a catwalk show - absolutely stunning...


So what can we expect for AW 2013 from Orla? Neutrals mixed with stronger hues, mainly tones of pink, yellow, red and grey. As well as very pretty dresses and an injection of cute collars, we see adorable little sweaters and a mixture of pencil skirts and full circle numbers. Gorgeous cardigans too! A real homage to all things sixties, and a great license to explore vintage clothing mixed with designer pieces. I am sure there will be more to come from me on this!

Here are some of my favourite highlights from the show...








 (images courtesy of www.londonfashionweek.co.uk)


The Mary Quant influences, kitsch animal detailing and retro prints are a big winner for me. And I am in love with the white tights and Mary Jane heels too!

Orla we salute you! 

I'd love to know your thoughts on this collection - drop me a comment below...

I'll be back tomorrow with the next installment of my London Fashion Week Spotlight.

Emma x

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful collection from Orla Kiely - very Mad Men!! I especially love the dresses..just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree Eriu - definitely Mad Men meets Mary Quant. It's a dream! x

    ReplyDelete

I read all your comments and love to receive them. Thanks so much for getting involved with the blog! Emma x