Wednesday 10 July 2013

Clueless - My 90s Fashion Favourite!

I'm not gonna lie. Clueless is one of my all time favourite films. I have literally lost count of the number of times I've watched it and still it makes me deliriously happy when I do!



To be honest, what's not to love? Gorgeous clothes, Valley girls, cute boys (including a young and uber handsome Paul Rudd) and a whole new set of slang words (couch commando, haul ass, Betties, Baldwins, way harsh to name but a few!). Need I say more?


So I am overjoyed that the huge 90s revival is bringing preppy back! Looking at most of the high street right now, this brilliant movie is also something of style bible - so take note and get it in your Netflix queue without delay!

First up, let's have a look at some of Cher, Dionne and Tai's most iconic looks...









And here at My Vintage we have some fab Clueless inspired vintage pieces that will really help you pay homage to a real modern classic...

Take this yellow tartan mini skirt for example. Just like Cher's!

She'd also rock this cute 90s mini backpack!


She would also love this sheer shirt thrown over a strappy lycra dress...

And finally, no preppy look would be complete without a tank top! This vintage 80s one from Escada couldn't be more perfect in bubblegum pink!


Let me know if you share my love of Clueless or if you have any 90s gems that are due another airing for all the world to see!

Until next time
Emma x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read all your comments and love to receive them. Thanks so much for getting involved with the blog! Emma x