Monday 3 March 2014

Top Ten Dresses from The Oscars 2014

So The Oscars are over for another year, and I have to say this has been one of my favourites in the style stakes.

From a few 1950s inspired numbers to some classic couture and a sprinkle of Art Deco flavouring for good measure, the red carpet was particularly classy and sleek this time round. Heck, even Lady Gaga wore an understated floor length dress without a rib-eye steak in sight...

Here is my personal top ten dresses from last night's glitz and glamour...

10. Anna Kendrick wore this beautiful multi-strap black gown with red star inserts from J. Mendel & Piaget.



9. I've loved red with nude for a few seasons now, and Bette Midler nailed it with this stylish and super flattering Reem Acra dress.



8. The very beautiful and elegant Cate Blanchett pulled off this delicate nude Giorgio Armani dress perfectly, not many could have.


7. A stunning deep pink floral lace dress was the perfect colour and style for the brilliant Gabourey Sidibe


6. Jennifer Garner wowed in this 1920's inspired fringed gown from Elie Saab Couture. Simple but dazzling, I love it.



5. This navy blue satin gown from Alexander McQueen, gave Sandra Bullock an air of grace and a killer silhouette.


4. There was just the right amount of sparkle to keep this demure Vera Wang dress young enough for the ever stunning Emma Watson.



3. Lupita Nyong'o plumped for a pastel blue custom design from Prada, with a real opulent 1950's feel that I adore...


2. This Gucci dress that Anne Hathaway wore is simply dazzling, with the sleek and simple halterneck and the multi-faceted disco panel. Divine!


1. My number one slot had to go to Kelly Osbourne. I absolutely love everything about this Badgley Mischka dress. It's sleek and sophisticated, with a real vintage 1930's style. Along with those beautiful waves, Kelly's look is without doubt my favourite this year...


If there are any other Oscars 2014 dresses you loved that I haven't included then be sure to let me know...

Em x

1 comment:

  1. My favourite here is Sandra Bullock. I also loved Amy Adams in Gucci and Kate Hudson in Versace.

    ReplyDelete

I read all your comments and love to receive them. Thanks so much for getting involved with the blog! Emma x